Do you experience ASMR? Science has yet to prove the existence of ASMR, but many people experience a profound relaxation through this phenomena. ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, and typically involves certain themes in its ability to produce trance-like relaxation in the lucky few who experience it. Typical stimuli are as follows:
- Soft, soothing voices
- Whispering very close to a microphone, or your ear
- Even, measured speaking tones
- Foreign accents
- Mouth noises like lip smacking
- Close personal attention, like haircuts, makeovers or doctor’s examinations
- Handiwork and expertise
- Tapping sounds
- Rustling or soft crinkling sounds
- Gentle handling of precious items
- White noise
Here is a sample video to test whether or not you are capable of experiencing ASMR.
Read more as Loz Blain of Gizmag describes ASMR in greater detail.